Monday, January 25, 2010

Finger-licking good!

This is a finger lime, something I didn't know existed until a year or two after I moved here. They are quite difficult to grow and take a long time to fruit so you don't see them much around. Mostly in posh restaurants. Looking at the photo, I should have put something in there to give it some scale. It's about the size of a man's finger (funnily enough). They are an Australian rain-forest native fruit containing caviar-like beads that explode with a sharp limey tartness when you bite down on them. Great with fish... even greater with a gin and tonic.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Never heard of, or seen, these. Interesting.

Rambling Tart said...

I am so intrigued! Emailing my Aussie friend right now to see if he's tried it. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails