Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Traffic Stopping Art (number 32)

I've featured Alicia Lane's signal boxes before I think they're great. This one is on Melbourne Street at the junction with the busway and underneath the train line.

"The interlocking multilayered shapes are intended to reflect the physical forms of people and machines, the technology involved and the spiritual resonance of all of the lives that pass through this point on a daily basis."

There you have it!

Brisbane has art on every corner. Click on the TSBs label below for the others in the series or go to the Artforce Website for a more comprehensive look.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Looks to me like an indigenous take on the guts of a computer panel in a large installation.

Gaelyn said...

Another great work of signal box art. I love this idea of turning a drab box into eye catching beauty. Hope it doesn't cause traffic accidents.

Lowell said...

Eye-catching for sure...looks a little like multiple xylophones...

Annie said...

This is a goodie!

Ann said...

I like that one.

Christchurch Photo Diary said...

This is a fabulous idea! I hope it is taken up in Christchurch someday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails