Friday, February 27, 2009

A Week In Hands (Friday)

This is a section of the mural that runs along the outside wall of South Brisbane train station. It goes for about 50 metres. I can't find much information on it (if you know, please tell me!) but further along from where this shot was taken, it says it was painted to celebrate the 2000 Olympics. Don't ask me about the meaning of it all, though; speech not enduring what the mind conceives? Hmmm... Still, it really brightens up the street.

I'll leave my diatribe about tagging and taggers for another time and place.

3 comments:

Lowell said...

What an interesting piece...It appears to contain all kinds of symbols...but like you said, who knows what they mean...

Nathalie H.D. said...

I'm really enjoying this hands series. And your ballooning shots were just fantastic - the light was quite a magic mix of gold strikes and darker patches. I had no idea the flight would actually take you right over the city, that's brilliant!

Anonymous said...

There's one hell of a lot of art in your neck of the woods!

Related Posts with Thumbnails